brain coral bleaching???

biodarwin

Reefing newb
Here is a pic of the brain when I first got it:
random026.jpg

Here is a picture of it now:
randompics042.jpg

Its like the inner walls sort of had a brownish tint to it when I bought it and now it seems to be turning a lot more white. The walls are still swollen up or what I am trying to say is that its not receding which I know is a bad thing with these corals. I've also found it weird that I have never once seen a sweeper tentical come out of this guy at night.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
It definitely does not look well. From the picture I can't tell but is it just whiter in color or does it look like a film. I had a whitish film infection destroy my favia. Have you ever target fed that coral? If you tried to feed it right before the lights go out with some reef plankton in a syringe you will have more success with the coral. I found this out the hard way. I do it just before the lights completely go out because that way my smaller fish will grab most the food that doesn't get caught by corals.

And if you have a film look on the coral its a bacteria infection and must be dipped in some reef dip. Hope some of this helps.

Its in a 55 gallon with 216W of T-5 lighting. It is on the substrate. Two weeks ago I switched out 2 of my 4 light bulbs. The lights were getting fairly old but I did'nt think it would be enough to light shock it.

Back