Brain questions

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
One side of my Brain gets MH light but not so much becuase the MH can't shine directly on it --but neither can it be said its in the shade. Is that a problem?

I've tried feeding my brain cyclopeeze and sushi when the lights are on and he is not eating. I'm thinking wait till lights are out and his tentacles extended then feed him something. What's the best food for a brain? Better to feed at night?

I usually try to feed my favia and war coral at night when their tentacles are out. I feed them cyclopeeze. Sometimes they grab bits of the mixed food I feed the fish and other corals. Mine are in direct light, but on the sandbed so it's not intense.

Yeah,it is better to feed them when their feeding tentacles are exposed.I use mysis and krill for my open brains but then again,I haven't feed in awhile.The bigger the better,cyclops is just to small for them.

Sushi for a brain?

I dont feed my brain corals. They get all they need from the lighting and water column. Mine are 10 and eight yrs old. On the lighting they should be OK. They only really need moderate lighting.

Some of mine are in the shade, and some half shaded. They are all doing just fine. Like Mike, I don't target feed mine either. I do throw in Arcti-pods about once a week or so for all the coral. I do that well after lights out so the fish won't eat them all.

I've noticed with the few corals I've had so far that many of them live fine on light but only grow when fed.

Back