Branching Hammer growing?

Solarfall

Totally Gnar
So I've had this branching hammer a few months now and havn't noticed any new branches coming out, although the flesh is growing a little. Lately I've noticed this thing that kind of looks like a hitch hiking feather duster attached to it, but I've been thinking it's a duster and havn't thought anything of it. But today I noticed that the "tube" is getting longer and spiraling outward.

Is this new growth? PLEASE tell me it is, I've been looking for this thing to grow forever now and I'm super stoked. It's kind of weird looking though, otherwise I wouldn't ask. It looks just like a tiny feather duster tube with no worm in it and it's in like a really tight coil.

If it is spiraling it is most likely a feather duster,(tube worm). Your hammer flesh will grow out eventually under the right conditions and separate into a new branch. Pictures accompanied with questions such as this are definitely a plus though.

So do the already existing branches split to create new ones? If so, I think I might be due. I noticed the mouth of my hammer has split into two mouths!

Back