breaking coraline to higher lighting

bobby

I like to do bad things.
can anybody tell me how to break in coraline to higher lighting i have been running a 30w antinic bulb and a plant and aquirium bulb dont know the watts but have recently added 2 corals and put on my 192w pc's two days ago i ran the new lights 4 hours the first day and 5 hour today and have noticed all the new coraline that was dark purple and spreading very fast is now turning pinkish white should i or can return to the old lights i have a moon coral or open brain and a tonga mushroom im pretty sure the mushroom would be ok but not sure about the moon also is the coraline bleached if so will it die off or regain its color when it gets used to the new light the same time i added the corals i also added a big piece of live rock with a lot of coraline and that rock dosnt seem to mind the new lights i hasnt changed color at all if i can just use my old lights how will i know if its enogh for the corals:question:

From my experience the dark purplish coralline will likes lower lights, so it might die off. However, a lighter more pinkish coralline will start to grow back in the higher lighted areas...

Keep your alkalinity and Calcium correct and coralline will grow extremely fast.

Brandon

ok thanks for the info besides if the pink does grow i think that will look nicer than the purple

the way i got my coraline to grwon is for my top off i alternate KH and Ca. On M,W,F i add KH and T,Th,Sat i add Ca and Sunday i do a water change

Last edited:
bkv i used to use kalkwasser and it did not make it grow fast enough thats when i started the alternate schedule annd plus i have a lot of LPS so my calcium gets used up fast and i only use sea chem too (don't know what it has to do with anything just listing my preferene)

Back