Breaking news

steelcity

Reefing newb
Going to look at Oceanic 75 tomorrow in Orlando. I saw an ad on RC and craigslist and called the guy. I have to swing by that way for work tomorrow so using the company gas. Its a 2 yeard old tank with black wood stand that I negotiated $150. Just need to look at it. Overflow is in left corner. This wasn't my dream upgrade but my 55 is old and the seams are getting thin which is making me nervous.

My question is can I do an immediate trasnfer from my 55 into the 75? I will mix up some new water and plan to use at least 30 gallons from my 55. I'm going to use all of my current live rock plus add some dry base rock to new tank. Can I just scoop out my livestock (place in large coolers or brute), set up my rock and sand, add water, and then add the livestock after the cloudiness has decipated some?

Comes with a wet/dry filter but I want to use my 800s still as I don't have the cash for an I-tech skimmer yet. So I need to find a sump tank that can fit my 800s on the side of it underneath.

tank is 15 years old at least. My one buddy had it through college and he's older than
me. Then he passed it on to another friend and he had it for a few. Everytime I float it there's always pieces of silicon coming off

Back