Breeding Clownfish

Never got mine to breed, but so far I havn't been able to keep them from making out with the power head long enough to grow out and want to breed. Good luck with yours though. I got a set of blacks now, but they're babys and I think it takes quite awhile before they get in the mood.

Cool deal. You got the growing part out of the way. Good luck with it, and if you get them to breed I want to see lots of pics of the babies.

you know that 1 in 10 clownfish are mis bars right ?? you COULD just try breeding the mis bars and come up with some CRAZY new hybrid clown and make TONS of money if they look cool.

As a challenge, something new, something cool, to make babies and sell. So many options which to choose.LOL

Clowns like to lay their eggs in empty ceramic flower pots. Don't know why, but placing a flowerpot on its side in the tank can help get them in the mood. Also be sure you have them alone, or else any babies they have will get eaten by someone else.

these are mis barred clowns ...

100_3136.jpg

see how the bars are not "normal" looking. they do not connect on the sides of the fish.
i call the top one my "half naked" clown.

Back