brightwell aquatics (neomarine) salt

chrisx420

Reefing newb
has anyone used brightwell aquaticts (neomarine) reef salt ? i just ordered a bucket has anyone tested its trace elements ? just wondering what people thought about this product

Never used the salt, but had and used the Brightwells Mag supplement. It is garbage. I know this doesn't help on your question.

Yeah I have a bag of it in my shop now. My only complaint is that its on the lower side of of the calcium scale 360 or 380 I think. It is pricy and I think if I was going to spend that kind of money again I would buy the Tropic Marin Pro reef or something like that. But I cant get that around here.

i have heard nothing but bad things from this salt. is it all true i have no idea. i have used oceanic for almost 12 years and i am very happy with it. if you can get some try oceanic out

Before mixing your salt you should always shake or roll the bucket around to mix everything. Some of the stuff can settle in the box or bucket.

I'm considering trying Tunze. I was using red sea pro, but the alk was consistently low. Tunze tests out with a good balance, so... I dunno.

Brightwell salt is very expense my friend used it when it first came out its good but expense all brightwell products are very good! But use reef crystal by instant ocean NOT by Kent

Brightwell salt was used by Yote's store but they had to stop because of the inconsistency of it. The other stuff they sale is pretty good from what I have experienced. Just not the salt. Yote?

I am using the new D-D H2Ocean salt. I tested my Cal right away and it was at about 440 if I remember right. I dont remember what the alk was, but it wasn't low. If you can I would try that out

Edit: Their small bucket makes about 55 gallons at 1.025 SG

I am using the new D-D H2Ocean salt. I tested my Cal right away and it was at about 440 if I remember right. I dont remember what the alk was, but it wasn't low. If you can I would try that out

Edit: Their small bucket makes about 55 gallons at 1.025 SG

I just picked this salt up for the first time myself. It was all that my LFS is selling now -- they liked it so much that they switched to it completely.

Back