brightwell aquatics

I've heard a lot of good things about them in general. I've heard their version of reef snow is actually better.
I use their version of Kent's TurboCalcium and it works just as well and it's a little cheaper.

Brightwells Reef Snow is a great product.I use the reef snow as well as all their other zooplankton foods.

i just picked up their coralamino today to try after hearing good things on a nano forum. i dosed it which was about 3-4 drops for my little 8gallon. did a few things around the house came back and everything was open. it was like coral crack.lol. but ill give you a more thorough review after a week or so.

The coral amino is great. We use it at the LFS in a couple of the fishless grow out systems. Even the sun corals will open right up when those drops hit the water.

The coral amino is great. We use it at the LFS in a couple of the fishless grow out systems. Even the sun corals will open right up when those drops hit the water.
Is there a reason you don't use it in systems with fish?

Fish release amino acids in their waste.But that dont happen in a system where there is no fish.And coral do need the amino acids for their health.So if there is no fish,then you've got to get the nutrients the corals need in there some how.

so would there be too much amino acids in the water if you added it?

Not as long as your careful and don't just start pouring the tank full every other day.
Every animal in the tank will use the amino acids.Corals,inverts,fish,they will all use it,so it'll get used pretty quick.
I give my tank 5ml of it every other monday.

Back