Brightwell CoralAmino

photokaty

Reefing newb
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone else on this forum used CoralAmino in their tank? I purchased a small bottle of this from Marine depot after reading such wonderful reviews. I started adding it to the tank per recommended dosing amounts in an area of high flow about 7-10 days ago. While my corals are all very full and open, I haven't seen any amazing growth yet or any real change in coloration. I expect it to take the full bottle, or more, before this stuff really works, but i just thought it would be neat to hear stories from other people? It is on the pricy side if you dose according to instructions.

Thanks for any input.

And the reef today....

Neithet would I, hence why I said I eould expect it to take a full bottle or more to do anything. I have used my 60ml bottle approximately 8 times and it is a little less than a quarter gone.

Yes they recommend 1ml per 50 gallons each day. I have. 120 tank with about 30 gallons in my sump, so about 3ml per day. At that rate this bottle would last exactly 20 days. I am dosing approximately 2ml every day-every other day.

Sorry for all the typos earlier. I am on my phone and not paying attention.

I have tried the red sea amino kit. I don't think is does anything besides turn the water yellow for an hour. I think it's all a guess right now and really have any valued proof. I think low trates and phates are the only proof out there imho.

Ok, it is now week 2 of using the CoralAmino. All of my corals are very full, and open most of the day. I haven't noticed any changes in colorations, and we added several new corals to my two tanks a few days ago, as well as some new fish. I use this stuff about 5 days a week at this point a few minutes before I feed the meaty foods. Here is the tank today:

I have tried the red sea amino kit. I don't think is does anything besides turn the water yellow for an hour. I think it's all a guess right now and really have any valued proof. I think low trates and phates are the only proof out there imho.
Oh, and it definitely doesn't turn my water yellow. My trates and phates are always pretty low. I just wanted to try something new. :)

Back