bristle worms

the second time i broke my 180 down to move it i found 2 of those things over a foot long. I love worms .. im a huge worm in tank advocate but once they are over 12 inches thats too much for me and i pull them.

So far I have only pulled the little ones. The big ones don't have to get off the rock to reach food when I feed and I am always afraid that I will rip the worm in half. Guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal but so far I have only taken the ones that venture off of the safety of the LR

So far I have only pulled the little ones. The big ones don't have to get off the rock to reach food when I feed and I am always afraid that I will rip the worm in half. Guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal but so far I have only taken the ones that venture off of the safety of the LR
your crazy to pull little worms out of your tank. stop immediately. they are MAJOR detriavores. super good for your system.

yeah I know, but I got a TON of them on some chaeto I got a while back so I have grabbed a few of them here and there to keep the population under control. I havent taken any in a while though and probably wont as the level seems to have leveled off. They are no longer the first thing you see when you look in the fuge.

i have one that is almost a foot long and i only seee it once or twice a year.and it about as big around as a pencil

ewwwwww!!! I'd kill that sucker so fast he wouldn't know what flushed him!

I recently got stabbed by one that was about 5inches long... hurt like a MOTHER and i now have a wonderful scar on my arm from it... I hate those things!! LOL. i know they are supposed to help but i'd rather find other "helpful" critters that dont cause as much pain :P

I hate them! They look unsightly and sting me all the time. Nasty bastards!!!

I have never been stung by one. I always use forceps when I handle the buggers. I do occasionally take the opportunity to remove one if it presents itself, but never with my bare hands.
Curses! I have made it all this time in the hobby without getting stung, then I type this post. So last week I was cleaning the glass and brushed my hand against the LR and it instantly hurt. I pulled away quickly to watch a little bristleworm retract into the LR. He was tiny, but the sting hurt/itched on and off for the last 3 or 4 days.

I get stung every time I clean the tank. The bristles come off them and get stuck in my finger like a cactus. Lasts for days. I hate those bastards!

so far I have pulled one small one out, never been stung by one but I'm sure my day is coming, I never wear gloves they get in my way ...I can't stand it when they fill up with water and the big ones are to thick for me to work with... I need those big gloves that they have on the farms that are clear and come up to your arm pit... WE ALL KNOW WHAT THEY ARE FOR ON THE FARM OO LA LA ... LOL

Back