Brittle star problem or not?

saitoking

Reefing newb
Every time I vacuum my tank I seem to vacuum up brittle stars. Tonight I found 7 very small stars is this a problem? Should I save them or just dump them? I have been saving them because I thought they were special but now I wondering if they are a problem. Thanks saitoking

Attachments

• IMGP9762 (1024x792).jpg
    IMGP9762 (1024x792).jpg
    153 KB · Views: 362
I'd save every one of em I noticed. But thats just me.
Those micro-brittles are great little scavengers so are great additions to your CUC.

They are good. If there is too much, as in it creeps you out, then you can get rid of it. Otherwise I would reccomend that you keep it. I for one would want them.

This weeks vacuum pulled up these 6. The longest is about 1 inch across, the smallest is very hard to see with the naked eye. There seems to be many of them. I vacuumed about 10 gals a week and always find 4 to 8 each time. I also find small shrimps and worms like things too, should I try to keep all that I find? Thanks Saitoking

Attachments

• IMGP0120 (1024x853).jpg
    IMGP0120 (1024x853).jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 373
Your probably Vacuuming up Copopods and Amphipods. Also so wonderful members to have in your Tank. My Mandarin Dragonet is a Copopod Junkie!

My harvest for this week I think I am getting more and more. Funny thing I have never saw one anywhere in the tank just when I vacuum. Thanks saitoking

Attachments

• IMGP0233 (1024x680).jpg
    IMGP0233 (1024x680).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 232
Back