Brittle Starfish

BryanS

Reefing newb
Can someone please tell me why his legs are falling off? They are falling off in sections of maybe a 1/2" at a time I can see 3 little section just laying on the sand. I can barely see it up in the rocks. Any suggestions?

My water levels are good, I just did a water change the day before I got them, I just checked again my nitrates are only from 0ppm- 5ppm.

It has only been in the tank for 1 day could stray voltage do that that fast? All my other inverts seem to be doing just fine, but I will def check it.

If it has only been in the tank for a day, how did you acclimate it to your tank? Inverts like stars do best when they are acclimated over several hours, as they are more sensitive to water parameters than fish or corals.

Since it's been only one day maybe bring him back to your LFS with a separate sample of water for them to test?

well i ordered him offline...I already sent them a picture and told them what happen they are going to be sending me a new one.

No i ordered from reefs2go i really liked them they packaged eveything really nice and the star is the only thing i had a problem, all the snails came alive and both corals zoas look good.

Back