Broken Nova?

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
So, I have a nova extreme and after I brought it to the new house from the move, one of the bulb connections won't work. I've switched around the bulbs to see if the bulb itself was broken, but none of them worked in that slot. I tried to clean it as best I could, but no luck. It's always been a bit finecky but I've always been able to get it to work.

Any ideas? I really don't want to have to buy a new fixture right now...

Alex

Hard to say without taking a look at it, but it could also be the socket or the ballast; how many lights does it run? Does each lamp have a separate ballast? Do they have separate switches? Hopefully it is just a loose wire or something, but that would have to be a bad connection to begin with to become loose in a move. How old is the light? Is there a warranty on it?

Contact CURRENT customer service. They are pretty good about these things. I had a problem with the mounting legs on my 72in. extreme pro after warranty and they shipped me 2 sets at no charge

if you do figure out that the socket on that bulb is bad, you can normally pick up thoes bulb connectors for like $5 or so at a good lightbulb shop, we have one here in austin called "The Light Bulb Shop" and they stock lots of that kinda stuff. They dont know anything about aquariums, but lights, they know, have, and or can get.

Thanks guys, I'll follow that advice. Haven't had much time to deal with it, with the move and all. (tackled mowing my wicked overgrown yard yesterday, that was fun. Found out a tree in my yard likes to drop these fist sized fuzzy fruit things that fly out of the lawnmower like bullets...)
I got the light through ebay, but it was new. Don't have much in the way of receipts..one switch runs 2 lights. (2 switches)

I'll check with a light store too...

HAHAHA
That'd either be a chestnut tree or a sycamore:D Either way,dont step on em bare footed:shock:

Back