Brown spots and film on glass.

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Ok so why the hell do I always have brown spots only in the corners of my glass from top to bottom?

I also have to clean my glass with my big square Magflo every 3 days or so.

I do not overfeed and I have plenty of light. I had this issue in my other tank. I have to use a brush as the spots will not budge with just the Magflo.

Anyway I don't even clean the corners but once a week because it is much harder to do.

I just want it gone forever. I just tested for Phosphates and got the big 0. I run ROX Carbon and have a HUGE skimmer and plenty of old live rock.

I read it can be low oxygen but if that is even kind of true what can I do about it if that is the case. Put an airstone in the sump. There is plenty-o-movement from the skimmers return.

More likely it's from low water flow in the corners.
Try getting more water flow in there and see if that'll help.

Will do. It is weird though that there is low flo there. I mean it is in both front corners.

I have 4 powerheads. The tank is 6 foot so I would imagine I would need to point one on each side toward the corner on the other side of the tank.

Kind of wish they had cheaper turning type powerheads so I didn't have to buy anything expensive. Just maybe to keep these spots away.

I have 3 1250's and one 550. I know it is a little unbalanced but I maybe be able to dedicate the 550 to one corner close by and see if it helps then go one from there.

I see many tanks with the powerheads just pointing like mine so I wonder if they get the same spots.

Every tank is different.And what works for one,may or may not work in another.
Personally,I'd try to double the flow in that tank ( going off your sig ) if it was me.
You know you've got enough flow when the sands in suspension.:D

Haha funny you say that because ever since I got my spelled banded goby it is sandy everywhere and it flies around sometimes.

Back