BRS GFO/Carbon Reactor

Discussion in 'Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment' started by FishyReef, Feb 21, 2013.

1. FishyReef

FishyReef Broke Reefer!

Bought one of these during the group buy and finally got the pump for it. Went to hook it up today and the darn thing leaks like a seive at the ball valve and intake push connectors. I also can't get the tubing to come out of the push connectors to try to see what the problem is. Has anyone experienced this before? How did you fix it? :grumble:

FishyReef, Feb 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. FishyReef

Angelajean I know that I don't know

My husband says it is probably easier to cut them off and get a new one. On mine, which I bought secondhand as well and just hooked it up 2 days ago, I had to push the connectors on more they were loose. I also had to tighten the canisters with the wrench. Otherwise they were leaking.

Angelajean, Feb 21, 2013
    FishyReef likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. FishyReef

FishyReef Broke Reefer!

Angela, if I could hug you I would!! Apparently I just hadn't pushed them in far enough - gave a lot more muscle to it and the tube went in much further, and voila! No leaks!

FishyReef, Feb 21, 2013
  4. FishyReef

Angelajean I know that I don't know

No problem. I wanted to put mine in by myself just to show my husband that I know a thing or 2. I was successful. Yeah. I also understand things better when I have a part in putting it together. I guess it's the seamstress in me.

Angelajean, Feb 22, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question