Bryopsis Algae

Gooseman

Reefing Is An Obsession
Has anyone had or currently have an issue with bryopsis? I had it a while back but it went away ... now its back with a vengeance and i need some ideas on how to eradicate it quickly ... any help or ideas would be appreciated

I've heard some say a lettuce nudi will eat it but it grows faster than they can consume it. Others say controling nutrients will starve it and I've heard dosing Kent Tech M will cure it. I never delt with it myself so not much help here.

Can you get a pic of yours? I think i may have some growing but idk...+1 to salty tho....everything is a 50/50 shot. Rabbitfish....tangs the lettuce nudi ect ect...i just read a huge article on this stuff on a different forum which you can easily view through a google search. I hope i dont have it lol, gl with yours, seems to be a real PITA.

I had bryopsis and I had to really raise up my mag levels to eventually kill it out, now I dont have any. I heard that there is some by-product in that Kent Tech M that is what really takes out the brypsis. That is what I used and it seemed to work with no ill effects to the tank.

i know my LF carries the kent mag but their bottles arent that big ... does anyone know where i can buy the stuff in more of a bulk form?

Back