BTA moved and Im not happy

Marines_Wife

Reef enthusiast
I love my BTA. She (yes its a she) is beautiful. She picked a spot in my tank two weeks ago and has stayed put, happy every day. But starting yesterday she started moving. She started going under one of my larger rocks and moved all the way to the back. Now I cant really see her and I have no idea why she moved! My water parameters are good, nothing has changed and both of the clowns host it. Any insight into why she moved?

It may have something to do with flow. I've read a lot of stuff about nems moving to all sorts of undesirable locations. You can keep moving it, and sometimes they'll settle where you want them to, but usually they go where they want to.

Well the flow is pretty decent throughout the entire tank......honestly there really isnt any dead spots in it I was pretty careful to aquascape and put powerheads in a way that there were no places that didnt have flow. This is driving me crazy!

Well the flow is pretty decent throughout the entire tank......honestly there really isnt any dead spots in it I was pretty careful to aquascape and put powerheads in a way that there were no places that didnt have flow. This is driving me crazy!

That's exactly why I won't own one, lol. They seem pretty finnicky. They can be in the same place forever then just move for no real reason. Good luck to you, be nice to see if anyone has any advice for you on this.

Flow is a major factor for BTA's. You can try changing the flow and see if it drives it out of the back. Not necessarily directing flow at it but depriving it of flow and it may move to where it gets more to its liking.

Flow is a major factor for BTA's. You can try changing the flow and see if it drives it out of the back. Not necessarily directing flow at it but depriving it of flow and it may move to where it gets more to its liking.
I may try this. My first thought was "Your bigger...and have fingers. MOVE HER!" But I dont want to hurt her or stress her out. One of the things that has changed in the last few days is to keep the temp swing from being terrible I did put a fan on it. It blows down to the water. Now it keeps my water nice and cool, however the evaporation rate in my tank is insane now and she moved shortly thereafter. Also....I am very guilty of running my lights much more then necessary right now...I got excited about being able to look at everything more often....like 12+ hours a day right now.....:oops:

The light wouldn't, or shouldn't effect her. Try adjusting your flow and see if you can get her to come back out like Salty suggested.

Back