Bubble Algae, what to do

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
Okay, so I had a small Favia frag in my tank that had bubble algae on it. As far as I know none of the bubbles popped. I did remove this frag from my tank as it was in sad shape and I am not set up to grow them. (Beginners mistake!) I noticed today that I have 1 bubble on a piece of my LR. What do I do about it? Its near the bottom and is going to be a real issues to remove it. If I tried to remove the rock, I'm afraid I would do more damage than good to the tank. (Stir up too much crap and I have a Medium depth sand bed.)

I'm running phosban in a reactor as well as carbon, in a reactor case. I am NOT sold on Phosban. Though my cyano hasn't come back, I have not seen a reduction in PO4 and I am seeing a lot of green on my glass. A lot is needing to clean it every other day. I may need, actually I'm sure I need, more of a clean up crew. I only have 3 turbos and 10 turban snails in my tank. I don't want crabs of any type so I'll likely just get some more snails. What kind do ya thing will help with my glass and sand?

You will always have some green film that grows on the glass, everyone has it and its just part of the hobby. And phosphate tests are highly inaccurate, I couldnt pay for phosphate test I would trust.

And yes, i would up your CUC

Picked up 12 nassarius for the sand and have redirected my power heads. The sand looks much better but still isn't perfect. Guess it never will be in a living system.

As for the bubble algae, what to do. I am willing to pull the large rock but am still unsure it I am going to cause bigger issues by disturbing the sand bed. Tank is 7 months old. What ya think?

Also, I noticed a small bubble on the rock that houses my Yellow Star Polyps. Its within easy reach, but I'm wondering if I'm going to hurt the coral by exposing it to air for a few seconds. What ya thing?

the coral will be fine, so go ahead and pull it out.

And check out this video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeqtPe3XukM]4 Ways to Remove Bubble Algae From Your Reef Tank - YouTube[/ame]

Back