Bubble algae

thetrueclown

Reefing newb
How do I get rid of it? I just had a 55 gal tank given to me and I want to clean up the live rocks some. Also I am wanting to buy some new coral, and was wanting to know who online is the best with the best prices?
Thanks

Are you sure its bubble algae? Do you want the best quality corals or the best prices and a lesser product?

Just suck the bubble algae out with a turkey baster or a python or similar. Be VERY careful not to break it open in your tank or it will spread fast. Google coral frag sale and shop around would be my suggestion on pricing. Your best bet is to find a local reef club and get involved with frag swapping/selling.

Remove as much of the bubble algae by hand, like Ryan said, or using tweezers. Emerald crabs will usually eat bubble algae too, you could try a few of them.

www.liveaquaria.com always has very good prices and high quality corals. I'd try there first. I've also ordered from www.zomania.com and like them a lot.

if you find the pivot point of the bubble try to twist evenly but gently back and fourth with that point. kinda like how a top spins i guess is the best direction comparison i have. If it breaks it will release spores (probably thousands) in your tank. if your iffy about one and dont know if its going to break or not remove the rock if you can when doing a water change and put it in the old water and scrub that bad boy off in the old water with a brush. and just so i cover my bases make sure its a brush that is specifically for your tank, nothing that you have washed dishes or put soap on or anything like that.

Back