Bubble anenome

meshman10

"YA CANT FIX STUPID"
Hey Biff or Yote,

Been a while since I've been on. Got a new anenome (#3). Tanks doing fine and chem's are great! Was wondering how often should I feed?? Right now I'm feeding a piece of a silversides twice a week. Cinnamon loves it and everything seems to be fine. Question #2 It closes up everynight about the same time and it looks bad- like it's on its way out and then comes back and eats and hasn't moved (yet). Research says pretty harty anenome. Advise.
Thanks,Roger

feeding isnt necessary but once or twice a week wont hurt it. if it isnt moving and looks healthy all during the day i wouldnt worry about it, also just for the record to term hardy when referring to an anemone is a slight oxymoron

Hi,
Dustin is right -- a hardy anemone is still one of the most difficult animals to keep alive in our tanks. Bubble tips are the easiest of all anemones, but they are still more difficult than most corals.

You'll want to feed it once or twice a week. It will normally shrivel up after eating, and then it'll poop stuff out. But it should come back to normal after pooping. If it doesn't, and stays shriveled up, then it may be sick. Keep an eye out for a sick/dying anemone, as they have the potential to wipe out everything else in your tank.

You'll want to switch out the feedings with other things too.Mine used to take whole table shrimp,pieces of clam and stuff.
Do your best to keep it happy.If it starts moving around,it'll kill some corals.
BTW
Wheres the pics?:D

I will add that in nature, anemonies don't eat big chunks of food like silversides. The are primarily plankton eaters....they eat all the pods/bugs that float by. If you feed it, it should be small pieces no bigger than it's mouth. FWIW, I've had my sebae over 5 yrs and never once directly fed it. It has also never moved from the spot I originally placed it. If it's happy, it won't wander around the tank.

Last edited:
Back