Bubble coral? and fish recommandation needed

Sxybeemr325

Reefing newb
I'm still here with more questions. I was looking on Liveaquaria.com to try and fins the new weird thing growing on my rock. Anyhow, i felt on a bubble coral which they describe as "easy".http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=449
Anyone ever had one? They just look so cute!!! As for corals, do you only have to purchase 1 at a time (like the fish), or can you purchase a couple?

Like JHRBN suggested, I bought myself a book on corals. I purchased:Aquarium Corals: Selection, Husbandry, and Natural History (Hardcover) by Eric H. Borneman. It was rated 5 stars on amazon, so i figured it must be a good book. That should make me a little more familiar with it.

Also, i was looking at fish on live aquaria, and here is a selection I like. Any fish in there that I should stay away from? Any nice fish or fish with funny behavior?
-Clown Goby
-Catalina Goby
-Fire fish
-Royal Gramma Basslet
-Horseface blenny(but any blenny are cute!!)
-Spotted cardinalfish
- Flame Hawkfish
-Longnose Hawk
-Six Line Wrasse
-Yellow Watchman Goby

Any tought or suggestions on the next fish?:question: :question:

Also wanted to know if anyone here have clams? I know they are rated at "medium" on liveaquaria, but would absolutely love to have a couple of these in my tank. As well as an electric flame scallop! How long should I wait before I can add this?

All the fish you mention are reef safe except the Hawkfish and maybe the wrasse.me thinks.

If it was me I would not put a clam unless my tank is at least 6 mo. old and flame scallops don't live for very long in an aquarium so you may wanna avoid them.

Corals are funny things they say you can overload a tank and crash it but if it established and can handel the bioload you can add a higher number of livestock for example I went to a frag swap almost a month ago and we picked up somewhere in the vecinity of 11-15 frags and I placed them all in my tank and it is exceptionally well other then the loss of my maroon due to natural causes (filter) a bubble if im not mistaken is much like the hammer there a decent beginner coral there hardy and dont need lighting to the extreme I want to say they call for moderate lighting and water flow I have a frogspawn in my tank that is doing great it to gets along with the hammer and torch corals much like the candy cane and trumpet if your params are right and good Id say go for it also you may want to check out a diamond watchman goby under the right lighting the really flourish hope this helps ya hon.

Yep I'd avoid the hawkfish. And the six line wrasse is reef safe and in fact a very good addition to any tank in my opinion because they will eat parasites and bad things like that. Clams need very strong lighting. What kind of lights do you have Sxy?

Biff, this is the lighting i got.
2 x 150 HQI 10k Metal Halide, 4 x 54w Actinic T5s (2-420nm 2-460nm)
Total Wattage: 529 watts, # of Lunars: 9 blue, 9 white

Jellyman, Yes, this did helped me in fact!!!! lol...... Thanx a lot. Will check out the diamond goby. :)

Reeffreak, yeah, that makes sens... But like they said, i should still wait about 6 months before I buy the clams.... so 4 months to go for the clams... Lol.......

I'm just a little behind you,six weeks old almost and all I have are two clowns.I wanna start putting my first corals in,so I'm waiting til later to add a few more fish.Its hard being patience sometimes,I know.(now if I can find some mushrooms that don't multiply like rabbits)

you mentioned earlier about blennies....the Bicolor and Redlip are cool too.What they lack in color they sure make up in personality.

Jelly mentioned the diamond goby earlier, they cool too.

Last edited:
Reeffreak, yeah, the blennys are really cute looking. i think they have such a cute little face!!!! they don t look like a fish at all! But like you said, they kind of lack in color......

What do they eat?

Alot people say algae since they peck at the rocks and glass.I believe they are more omnivores.Mine ate any frozen food I put in there..,,prime reef,formula one,mysis,brine shrimp,seaweed mixture.

My husband liked the "frown" on the watchman goby. He's doing well, but I'm the only one who ever sees him because I look for him all the time! I've been told that after a while he will start making appearances on his own. I hope so, or my hubby has a fish he'll never see!

Beanctr, That s hilarious!! My yellow tang is doing the same thing... he was hiding 24-7. but now he started to make more and more appearances...Now, i see him a lot!!! keep your hopes up!!!

Back