Bubble Coral Help Question !!

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
So i just got this bubble coral on saturday, i acclimated it and everything, it even busted out the sweeper tentacles at night after i had put it in the tank. The next the it was Open just huge and great looking, On monday it was nice and open also. Now on tuesday and today it has ben open but on the left side of it its closed. Not sure what going on with it. At night it still brings out sweepers and other than the skeleton showing on this side it looks great still. Any ideas ??

bub2.png

bub1.png

bub3.png

I dont think.its to much flow. Had a open brain in thag spot before and.it was just fine. Its really low flow ther. Its nice and open right now with the same issue its weird.. tjeres just a couple little bubbles.poping out of that side really small ones . The rest is huge.

Bubble Coral Frustration

So from my other post New Bubble coral not doing good, Dont know what wrong with it, More than 1/4 of the skeleton is showing now and the rest opens up good, i have moved it everywhere and it seems its most happy on one of my rocks about half way up. All my water Par. are great.

Salinity. 1.025
Temp 79 - 80
Mg 1410
Ca. 450
KH 8
PH 7.9

Nitrite. 0
Ammonia. 0
Nitrates 2-3ppm

Its in a low flow area with nice lighting now, I think im just going to leave it be and hope it recovers.

Have you guys ever had a coral just die even do everything els in the tank is doing great ????

In the LFS it was all the way up in the Tank with a T5 set up.

I have me LEDs 10 inch from the top of the tank and then the bubble coral is about 3 inches lower than half way down the tank. When i put in on the sand bed it looked worst and would not open as much, On the rock where i started it at it opens good on the good part. I have feed it 2 times since i got it and it eats, First time i feed it squid and the secong time Large misis.

Dont know what to do any more.

Re: Bubble Coral Frustration

feed it use sprats (small fish ) you can buy them frozen pop em in water break it in half try that hope it helps mate

Do you dip any of your corals? Maybe something is bothering it? Or if it did get damaged during transport, dipping it could help??

I would just let it alone for a while. Feeding can actually use more energy than it gets. It needs rest to let it heal. Bubbles are VERY resilient. I had one that got knocked into a powerhead. After a month, you could barely tell it was damaged. Quit moving it, dial back the lights, let it rest and adjust to the tank.

Back