Bubble Coral

Piggy

Reef enthusiast
I got a bubble coral that was damaged. I remember someone that damaged theirs and it came back. That's why I got it because I've always wanted one. Right now it has some small bubbles on it plus the top part is all green could be algae. Do I need to remove it or will it be alright? I know they are fragile so I don't want to damage any of the bubbles. Also it's at the bottom of the tank with very low flow if any.

Just give it some time Piggy.A lot of times,Bubble corals can heal themselves.
Just keep in an area where its not getting blasted with a lot of flow and maybe spot feed it with some mysis every once in a while.

I think bubble corals are some of the best out there at bouncing back. When my tank fried a while ago (to 96 degrees) I lost almost everything. The bubble coral was nothing but a skeleton, but since it was epoxied to a rock, I left the skeleton in. It bounced back like crazy. If you hand feed them when they have their tentacles extended (usually at night), they'll grow very quickly and get pretty big. Don't give up on it! Feed, feed, feed and it should heal.

Back