bubble tip anemone doesnt look right

lilduud

Reefing newb
i mean he seems healthy but his tentacles dont look like the classic bubble tip... they used to definitely... but over time they have stretched out and become skinnier like my haitian...
could this be some metal, a deficiency anything? ill try to get pictures tomorrow but hes hiding very well lately.

from what you described and the fact that its still eating, im not sure if anything is wrong with it but a pic would help.

How are its colors? are the tentacles still sticky?

The colours are fine... They haven't faded at all... And te tentacles have never been as sticky as the Haitian. I usually have to hold the food on its mouth for a few seconds but yesterday I fed him and he devoured it very rapidly.

It's fine. It's your tank.
Mine did the same, as well as plenty of other people I know.
For whatever reason, something about their environment makes them either bubble or not bubble. I've never seen a real explanation but it's commonplace. Even with the long tentacles, it grew like crazy and even split once and the second half grew huge again.

When i got it...

437446482_BZJAv-L.jpg

And a year later...

640279480_huc8q-L.jpg

It's fine. It's your tank.
Mine did the same, as well as plenty of other people I know.
For whatever reason, something about their environment makes them either bubble or not bubble. I've never seen a real explanation but it's commonplace. Even with the long tentacles, it grew like crazy and even split once and the second half grew huge again.

When i got it...

437446482_BZJAv-L.jpg

And a year later...

640279480_huc8q-L.jpg

wow that doesnt even look like the same type of anemone... well oh well as long as hes not unhealthy... kinda a bummer though i loved the look of the classic bubble tip

Back