Bubble Tip Anemone Question

Gooseman

Reefing Is An Obsession
I have Bubble Tip that split and now i have 2. How long do i wait to feed them or start worrying about them. They are in an area that is hard to observe them or feed them.

I'd say give em a few days before feeding them again, maybe when their mouth has moved back to the center of the disk. They're pretty hardy, mine split when my nitrates were over 40ppm. what's your water quality like? What have you been feeding it?

They're pretty hardy, mine split when my nitrates were over 40ppm. what's your water quality like? What have you been feeding it?

Splitting is not always a sign of good things, they will split when put under too much stress also. Kinda of like they have a better chance of surviving rough times if there are two of them.

I wouldn't wait to feed them, put a bit of food on the tentacles and see if they'll take some. If not, try again later. If so, you're in luck. Congrats on the new baby.

My nitrate levels are about 10-20 ppm, calcium levels are a little low at 320 ppm. I do a 10 gallon water change every Friday. So i am changing about 1/3 of my tank a month. I did try to feed them some mysis shrimp with a turkey baster last nite. Couldn't tell if they took it in all the way as they are in a hard place to watch. The new anemone, from what i can see looks sad and kinda shriveled, the original anemone looks a little better. I am not sure if if it is normal for them to go through this process for a while before they work themselves out.

Last edited:
I would go with Biff. I wouldn't keep trying to feed them. If they don't like where they are the will move on their own wtih alot less stress. You are sure it split and just didn't take a large dump? Sometimes it almost looks the same.

Back