Bubble Tip

ErinCahir

Sausage Wrangler
We've got a bubble tip for our maroon clowns about two and half weeks ago. I let him kind of roam the tank for the first few days to find a spot he liked and he chose right behind the box.
So I put him down by the rocks again (in a spot I thought he would like) and he moved around for another day, and decided to stay half underneath one of the rocks. I kind of let him be for a week and noticed his color was a little off, so I flipped the rock he was on so more of him was exposed to the light. Now he's moving again. I know this means he's unhappy. Should I (very very carefully) try and stack some smaller rocks around his foot to make a little cup for him? Or is there another solution to this problem?
(and I know not all of you like anemones...)

Mine did the same thing. After he settled in a spot he liked, buried down away from light and flow, I just took the rock above him out of the tank and he continued to stay there. I think the main thing is that they hate flow.

Hello ErinCahir, I've had anemone's in my tank for nearly 5 yrs. Currently I have 5 RBTA (Rose Bubble Tip Anemone) and 3 BTA's I guess I like the critters>>>LOL
In my experience anemone will move around if there is too much flow or the lighting in too intense. I've been lucky, my anemones don't move. Ususally where I drop them they stay. First thing check your powerheads, and make sure they are not in the same direction as your anemones.Anemone are like fish when you first introduce to a new tank, they tend to hide until there comfortable with there you enviroments.
newtankshots050.jpg

newtankshots060.jpg

CMYellowBubbleTip005.jpg

Your anemones are gorgeous! He seems to be staying put for now. He is in the lowest flow area of the tank... and he's all the way at the bottom, so if it's the lights, he's kind of SOL.

I also forgot to mention, that many times when you introduce your anemone to a new tank and they hide, it could be an indication that your anemone is going to split...You might be a mama..LOL

When I got my GBTA I had him attached to a rock and then all of a sudden he puffed up and started floating around. I caught him, put him back on the rock with all pumps off for a bit let him attach and turned pumps back on. About 5 min later he let go and floated away. Finally I tried again, this time I decided to feed him a silver side. He attached, got fed,and hasn't moved yet *knock on wood. So anytime you have a pesty new new that wants to walk try feeding it. Maybe it was luck or maybe it actually works.

Thanks!! I'll try that for sure! I thought he was going to stay where he was yesterday, didn't move all day.
This morning I find him under one of the biggest rocks in my tank. Which I can't reach, even with a step-stool (my tank is 4 ft tall). Grrr. I'll put him back he will (hopefully) stay and give him a fish. Stupid anemone.

with my bta it liked shady spots i put him on the underside of a rock edge and he stayed there. he sometimes moves around within a foot area to get more light or more shade. im happy as long as he is away from my corals.
15.jpg

Mine has stayed put for a few days now. He was completely under one of the rocks (of course, the biggest, heaviest rock in the tank) for about 24 hours, but gradually was peeking out the other side. He's footed pretty much on the side of the rock now, and I got him to eat yesterday. So hopefully he's happy where he is now...

My BTA moved around for a couple days and now he is wedged between two rocks, thankfully where we can see him, and he has stayed put ever since. My Condy on the other hand, has been moving around non stop for about a month now. He seems so unhappy, but I don't know what to do for him. His latest spot to chill is in the very bottom back corner under the power heads where there is little flow. Maybe that really is where he wants to be.

Another side note... where did you get your moonlights? I really want to do that in my tank, but just haven't found ones I really like.

They came with the light fixture I bought a few months ago... which is slowly revealing itself to be a piece of crap. :grumble:

Back