Bubbles of bubble coral coming off? Still alive.....

koda_dad

Mr. Paranoid
Okay all... My lights are off but this is what happened tonight.

Not sure if sexy shrimp had something to do with this... (he hosts the bubble coral) but 3 of the 6 heads have come off....leaving just the stalk.

What is strange is the bubble part appears to be still totally alive... the bubbles were even still full....I picked one up and I was slimed...

What is going on....?

I read that this can be triggered by high phosphates... mine are currently at 0.5 I admit not where I want them...but not crazy high either...

Thoughts?

Get it out of there?

What would of caused that? Any idea? As mentioned the sexy has hosted it for ever...and was forever ticking it off...

I have tons of other corals in there...all doing great.

is it just at night? or all the time that its like that? because i have had mine retract and look like only JUST a skeleton before and thats with about 40 heads on it. If its normal during the day, i personally wouldnt worry, try feeding it, do its feeder tentacles come out? Dont forget, corals, inverts even fish change at night

Yup all perfect , phos is 0.5... Not perfect but not horrid.

My salinity did creep to 1.027. (I run 1.026)

Should I remove it?

you should decrease your salinity back to 1.026 but other than that, I cant see what would cause it to melt and die,

There are no corals touching it right? or that have sweeper tenticles near it/?

If you see any brown jelly ie. necrotic tissue, you can use airline tubing to siphon off the dead/necrotic tissue and give the coral a bath with an Iodine solution like TM Pro Coral Cure or similar product. The iodine will act as an antiseptic and hopefully kill prevent the spread of the tissue necrosis.

I would say it is in not a lot of flow...

It is in the front corner of the tank. There is a power head above it... on the side of the tank. But that blows away from it...

Once the tissue comes off.... does it grow back?

Back