Buckle up Angelfish fans...

Doc

I don't work for anybody
I wanted to update my progress with my science experiment of having the blue / queen angelfish cross in my reef tank. He/She (who knows how to tell the difference) has not touched a single LPS. It has been snacking on button polyps of all things, green zoos. I thought they qualified as a "noxious softie" and that they would be safe - -oops:shock: . Nothing else has been touched, not even the gorgonia, which I was told from day one would be the first victim.

Don't worry, I am prepared to change out all my LPS to softies if need be, but I don't think that will be necessary. I did want to tell all of you that I decided on my tax return shopping spree: another 130 watt PC, going to try an SPS a (purple acropora) and a majestic angelfish. My LFS has a 4 inch specimin that has been eating for three weeks. I will add him at the end of the week. I have seen several reef tanks with navarchus angels in them and they have been harmless for years. I hope to have the same luck. I will admit, I got into the hobby for the fish and still am. I have grown to love corals, but they are the icing on the cake, the fish are where it is at. I see corals as a nice decoration so you don't have to look at ugly rocks all day. Wish me luck and don't worry, I will be posting pics as soon as I get the little bugger.

Please feel free to give me husbandry advice about the majestic. I had one once but it was killed within two weeks of getting it from a tank-killing bout of oodinium. Nasty stuff.

Thanks for reading,

-Dr Marco:sfish:

Back