Bugs

yote

In Memoriam
I just noticed that my Acros wasnt looking to happy.The polyps werent opening up like that had been.I got my magnifing glass and found a couple of red bugs :death:on my Purple Tip and Rose.
Well I went searching for a way to treat em and came up empty handed.So if anybody has any ideas I would sure appreciate it.

Wow,sorry to here that yote and I thought my zoo eating nudibranches were bad.I've also read on RC that Intercepter from the vet is the only cure and is a pain to adminster.Since its a pod,I'll try one or two of the possible fish Melev recommends....certain Wrasse,Mandarin,Clowns,Seahorses and Pipefishes.I go for the Mandarin first though.Good luck.

Thanks for the input guys.
Im trying not to have to use the Intercepter.Thats going to be a last resort.
I already have a sixline,so I guess im gonna get a mandrian as soon as I can catch a good healthy one at the store,thats eatting frozen foods.

Shoot,Im about to get to the point where I'd be happy with aiptasia's.At least they would be easier to take care of.

hehe, if you want i can send you a batch of hair algae and some cayano to go with your'e aiptasia yote. i hear it's real easy to keep. might as go all the way!

Shoot Fish,I just rid of some hair.But i'll trade you the bugs for the aptasia's,lol.Apt,would be a whole easier to take to fight,lol.

too bad you cant use your bows and arrows..i picture (in my mind) you in front of the tank with a granade on hand, taking in and out the clip..in and out , in and out, click, click, click...

I've heard a lot of success stories using Interceptor too... Keep us updated on how things go Yote, and you might want to start dipping all of your new additions ;)

I plan on dipping all my new corals from now on.I got a sample bottle of some iodine dip from Bermuda this evening.
Well,I would have gotten it if I hadnt of forgot it when we closed up.

Yote you need to get a bottle of TMPCC and tripple the recommended dosage for twice the suggested time on all your corals then blow it with a turkey baster before putting it in your tank.

For the red bugs the only thing that i know that will eat them naturally is a dragon faced pipefish... I use to have a couple you can order them for liveaquaria and sea pics on this forum of my older ones if you do a search. Hope this helps. If you need some help getting rid of these buggers let me know i'd love to come see some in person.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon.
I can dip the purple tip pretty easy,but the Rose is epoxyed to the rock work.
I thought about a couple of the dragon face pipes.Mainly because my son wants a couple.But from what Ive read,they dont like a lot of flow.

What do yu mean USE to have? Something happen to you Pipes?

I ordered three.... it was obvious from the start two were paired and were unseprable. Anyways they loved the flow in my opinion they were always swimming in the output of the SEIO which eventually was the end :(... came home one day and the two were stuck to the inlet.

The other moved over tot the new tank where I have more flow than probably anyone in chatt and he lived for atleast another 8-10 months. He went missing shortly after I added the sixline wrasse... not exactly sure what happened to the last one.

On the flow issue I will say they like low/no flow when feeding. So you would need a feeding switch or turn the pumps off. Rotifers, Cyclopeeze, very small stuff (red bugs) :) for feeding.

Brandon

Back