Buh Bye leopard

BL1

RIP Male Leopard

I fed the fish some nori today around 6-630 and laid down for a nap, I woke up at 730 and checked on my tank only to find my poor guy on the carpet. What really sucks is the space he fit through to make it on the carpet. I took a few pics to show how small of an opening they can fit through.

Screen-1.jpg

Screen-1-3.jpg

Man, that sucks! How'd he fit through there?? He must've jumped enough that the lid bounced up enough to fit through.

Sorry to hear about your wrasse Brian, but thank you for showing just how adept at jumping wrasse's can be.

Wrasses can hit with a pretty significant force when they are jumping. They can also make it through those net tops if you mistakenly use the 1/2" x 1/2". 1/4" that is very tight fitting is the way to go.

Thanks so much everyone. My screen is the 1/4" mesh and all my wrasses have been good in there for like 5-6 months now. I thought I was in the clear, looks like I'm back at the drawing board.

Thanks Smitty

I'm going to try and trim it down a little first, the other side fits so snug that it's really tough for me to remove it when I need to. The side he jumped from was made to fit the while opening but, it doesn't fit into the lid recess because the return pipe comes over the side of the tank there.
Brian if you weighted that top somehow I think you would be in the clear.

Sorry to hear that, all 3 of my jumpers fit through my egg crate top as well, I looked on the bright side though and got other fish that I had always wanted so it wasn't all bad. Good luck with everything!

Back