Building a fish tank

The glass is not tempered. Tempered glass would be 4-5 times the cost and they would tell you it was tempered. All tempered glass has an etching in one of the four corners that says "tempered" followed by a code. And just in case you were not aware, tempered glass cannot be cut or drilled.

Depends,.....your best bet if you want to build a tank would be to get all the glass cut to size from a local glass supplier. Make sure you use the proper thickness of glass for your tank size as well. After pricing your glass out, check out the prices for an already built tank...might be cheaper to just buy one.

That glass is really thin...unless you are building a very small tank I cant see it working

Last edited:
Why are you wanting to build a tank? That size of tank is dirt cheap. Are yo wanting a certain dimension?

but how do I know when they have there fish tank sales and also without a sale is $24 for a 10 gallon fish tank (only the glass tank no hoods lights anything just the tank)?

but how do I know when they have there fish tank sales and also without a sale is $24 for a 10 gallon fish tank (only the glass tank no hoods lights anything just the tank)?

My store (not Petco) is $24 for a 10g with the regular incandescent hood. 10g without the hood is like $13. 20g (I think) are like $25. Shop around.

Back