Bulk Reef Supply

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
This is a case of what i believe is poor customer service with a long time customer.

It started off when I decided to go ahead and spend the extra cash on Vertex Vessels instead of cheap plastic jugs to hold 2-part solutions. They are not cheap, and I heard of others having problems but figured i'd give them a shot. I ordered 1 big one, got it, it was fine and then ordered one more big one and one smaller one. The big one leaked like a sieve from the where the acrylic tube meats the bottom pvc. So i call BRS and speak with Kevin. He says he'll send me a return label and get a new one shipped right out. They would email me the tracking info. Cool.

Three days later I get an email with the RMA# and the UPS label. So i reply and ask if they could send me the tracking info on the new one. "Oh, I'm sorry but we need the old one back first." :shock: I email back and say that's not what i heard during our phone conversation. He apologized for the miscommunication but that's the rules. So now I already lost 3 days. Still have to get the old one packed up and dropped off to UPS. Then wait for them to get it, process it, ship out a new one, and wait for UPS ground to deliver. I told them flat out to take a note from the Ecotech playbook... they would have replaced defective merchandise immediately. So i track the package and see what day they receive it. Almost a week goes by and I reply to the email thread again to see what's what. Oh, and Kevin left the company now. So now I'm now dealing with Lue. They got the package and are shipping out a new one. Apologies for the delay. :grumble:

Now, over two weeks later, me still not having any dosing container, I finally get the new one.
Open it up, fill it with water and it's leaking worse than the first! Two spots, same area. Quality control issues? Ummm, yeah. Now I know this is not BRS's fault, but as major reseller of Vertex merchandise, they should be taking action. And as I said earlier, i'm not the only one having problems with their stuff. I email back and this time I explain that they either need to open one up, test it, and then send it out to me immediately along with the return shipping label for the old one... or, just send me a return shipping label for ALL THREE because i'm done screwing around with this, and I'm not going to go through the long return process again. Well, they decided to go with option 2. Apparently the fact that I've spent thousands with them is not enough to warrant a little extra effort and minor risk. :neutral:

Yup, someone alerted Ryan and he stepped up to apologize and make it right.
I've decided to continue with returning the Vessels, mostly due to Vertex's quality control, not BRS. I'll find something else. But Ryan will be keeping me as a customer for now. :Cheers:

That is crazy. 1) Lue is not in CS, he is the group buy guy. 2) what is going on with their customer service? Most manufacturers that I have delt with have been great. Some even going above and beyond.Good luck Dennis.

It certainly sucks with the experience, but why spend a lot of money on something people have had known problems with?? I'm not that familiar with them, is there something extremely special about that specific one?

It certainly sucks with the experience, but why spend a lot of money on something people have had known problems with?? I'm not that familiar with them, is there something extremely special about that specific one?

It's a container. You know how it goes... it's a simple item, they probably worked out the issue by now, it won't happen to me. :roll:

Anyway, just wanted to report that i talked to brs today and they made things more than right. :Cheers:

i had a brine shrimp hatchery that had a crack in it,i called lue and they had a new one shipped out the very next day,ive never had a problem with them in the 4 years i have ordered from them

Back