bumble bee snails

fishbait

I found Nemo
has anyone ever tried keeping bumble bee snails? how well do they do? i purchased two of them tonite. i have allways found them fascinating. but i haven't had the greatest of luck with snails. at least the turbo snails. i did buy two turbos anyway. i'm tired of wiping the film algae off the glass every other day. i also bought one teeny tiny nassarius snail. i used to keep my s.g. pretty low at 1.022 per the advice of the ex-lfs i used to go to. i did later find out that snails (and other inverts) reqiure a higher s.g. of 1.24
i think i had all of my snail problems before i learned this. so, maybe i'll have better luck this time.

I have some for the last 4 months or so.They don't seem to do much,maybe they do.I think there nocturnal because when the lights are on they are motionless in a groove of a rock.Right before the lights go out they start moving around again.

I have a handful of them in my tank...They are nocturnal. I think they are really good cleaners, but I have heard stories of them eating corals and being predatorial, so keep an eye out.

I used to have a couple of bumble bee snails,Right up untill I caught them having a zoa fry.So there now back at the LFS they came from,swapped for a couple of hermits.

could you actually see where they had eaten the zoa's yote? or were they on them? i thought one of my hermits was trying to eat my one and only little mushroom. but under closer investigation i found he was desperetly eating junk that had collected underneath him.

I cant for sure that they was eatting them fish,But my zoas didnt open up for a 2 or 3 days after the bumble bees were in them.Thats my main reason for thinking that they were making a meal of them.

Back