buyers remorse

He was $20. They are not expensive fish around here, so if he dies, I will not be as upset as when I lost BOTH emperor angelfish (bastards!)

-Doc

So, how is the Idol doing? Been lurking on this thread and was just wondering if you had gotten it to eat more aggressively.

Ya know, with everyone placing bets on it's early demise, I predict this thing will live for like 10yrs. It'll be the one that just won't die. :Cheers: Sometimes life just works out like that. Ya gotta kill a couple weak ones before you find the stubborn one that refuses to kick off early.

He has been eating quite well as of late. He came in a bit skinney, but has not lost any weight in the week I have had him. What I have found is that he likes to eat green nori (I am going to try red tonight), LOVES emerald entree, angel and butterfly portions and picks at marine cuisine. All San Francisco brand foods. I do have a thread set up for updates on him on the forum. Please check it out as I will be posting new pics tonight. Happy Turkey Day RC

-Doc

He looks awsome. I have never seen one in real life before. I guess all the LFS around here wont even try them. I hope the best of luck to you. Keep us updated on how he does.

Yeah my LFS won't carry them unless you special order one, and then he will just look at you funny and ask "Are you sure about that?". Same thing he said when I asked him to order a trigger for my reef.

Here are my :twocents: about that. Fish seem to vary just like people. They all seem to have different temperments. I have seen a Maroon clown hold off an eel attack effectively and put that eel in its place. I have seen angelfish not eat LPS corals. I have seen a BTA thrive under 2 watts per gallon of light. There is just so much we don't know about this hobby that it becomes hard to say....that won't work. Somethings are cut and dry, but others are worth exploring if you are up to a challenge and not afraid to lose a few things. Just me, but I love this hobby for the chance I have to buck the system. Hence, my Moorish Idol. I have also always had a trigger in my reef. I have a Niger trigger in my work reef that has been there since a tiny critter. He is almost two years old and gets along great with his fishmates. I am rambling a bit, but anyway. Glad to see you took the trigger plunge Biff. They are great. I will get you a pic of Tangent's girlfriend tonight so he has something to think about while he goes to sleep.

-Doc

Back