buying a wet/dry tell me what u thank about this one

Why a wet/dry?It's pretty much an outdated filtration method.Still,they still work but may require added maintenance,like cleaning bioballs from time to time.I tend to believe most skimmers that come with this complete kits are crap,better than no skimmer I suppose.

Do you not want to build your own?
How about this refugium/sump(complete set),even comes with a refugium light.I still think this skimmer is nothing to right home about.

http://www.catalinaaquarium.com/product_info.php?cPath=37_139&products_id=1315

Wet/dry filters often lead to nitrate problems -- which is okay if you have a fish only tank, but is not good if you have any inverts (snails, crabs, corals, etc). A sump is simply an empty tank (or rubbermaid tub) that is under your display tank that holds all your equipment. Water runs from the display tank into the sump, and is pumped back up to the display. A refugium is a separate section of the sump that holds macroalgae, live rock rubble and live sand that provides a breeding ground for live food and the macroalgae reduces nitrates and phosphates.

I like to add to what Bifferwine stated.

Both live rock and bioballs are biological filters.Where the difference is live rock can go a step further,breaking down nitrate while bioballs causes it to raise,if not clean regularly.Plus they make great homes for copepods,brittle stars,worms etc which are beneficial cleaners.I highly recommend adding at least one pound per gallon or 120lbs,in your case.The refugium with live rock rubble,algae,and deep sandbed also aids in the removal of nitrates too.

Most people use live rock and don't bother with wet/drys anymore.

Back