Buying Dry Rock?

Hiker4twenty

Reef enthusiast
Anyone know some good places for cheap dry rock? I'd like to buy the dry rock for my upcoming 125g build. I don't want to use live because I'm sick of hitchhikers and unwated junk.

I was extremely happy with my purchase from Marco, and if you catch them during one of their promotions you can get a great sale price as well as free shipping. Which is a great deal when you're buying 200 lbs of rock.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've looked into Marco, BRS, TBS, ebay and CR. Ebay and CR didn't really have any good deals. I'll keep watching for a promotional sale on one of the other sites and check with a few LFS around me. I only need about another 100lbs since I already have 100lbs in my 75g. I'm going to most of the LR from the 75g and boil it to kill all the unwated stuff. A select few pieces will just get an iodione dip and then into the 125g to help seed it.

Bought mine from Marcorocks and really like the way it looks. I got it during a free shipping special about 5 months ago and it is about half covered in coralline. The purple is a brighter color on the marco rocks. I also like the fact that there are lots of holes in the rocks which enabled me to connect them together for greater stability.

I'll be honest with you, i had troubles finding my liverock as well and took in alot of advice about what to do, and unfortunately i went against most of it and bought live rock on craisglist from a hobbyist breaking their tank down... Thats probably going to be your best option, i was able to get some for as little as $2 a pound and it was covered in organisms. Hope that helps

I'll be honest with you, i had troubles finding my liverock as well and took in alot of advice about what to do, and unfortunately i went against most of it and bought live rock on craisglist from a hobbyist breaking their tank down... Thats probably going to be your best option, i was able to get some for as little as $2 a pound and it was covered in organisms. Hope that helps

I'm specifically looking for dry rock to cure on my own. I want it that way because I don't want to introduce any unwanted hitchhikers and stuff into my tank. The existing 100lbs of rock I have in my 75g will be boiled and then recured.

Back