Buying fish from petco?

Well at my local petco it's not unusual for them to have dead damsel in of their tanks. But I've never seen more than one dead fish at a time and have never seen any of their larger fish dead. I don't think I've seen any ich there either...

So I'm gonna drop by in the next few days. :Cheers:

Just went over and got a foxface! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Everything there seemed fairly healthy and they said they had the foxface there quite some time. Yessshshshhh.

I'll be posting pictures later in my build thread...

Congrats! I don't buy fish from my local Petco (except once -- and I knew it had ich, and it was super skinny; didn't survive qt) -- their fish always look sickly and pale, and there's always ich in their tanks. They probably got cyanide poisoned fish

i actually got a snowflake eel from a petco in texas years ago and he was awesome. he got so big for my tank tho when we moved here we gave him to the LFS to let someone else with a bigger tank buy him. i miss that fat little thing :D

I know fish die in every store -- but in some of the Petcos in Tucson, there just seem to be stacks of bodies in their tanks! I see a dead fish here or there at my good, reputable LFSs. But they take care to remove the bodies as soon as they notice the dead fish. It seems some Petcos don't take care to do that.

Back