Buying sand online

clancaster23

Reefing newb
I have waited two and a half weeks for my sand from reefrocks.net and I'm at my last straw with them after multiple holdups and they insist on trying to send it through USPS who are total screwups instead of FedEx which they use to send the rock (I got two shipments, both on time and in just two days each).

Can anyone recommend a place to buy sand online at a good price (reefrocks was .50/pound) or should I just try somewhere local?

Marco rocks. But you don't need live rock or sand, you can use all dry and seed it with a piece of live rock. That's what I and many others do, just make sure its sand for aquaria and stick away from crushed coral. Aragonite is what I see the most and prefer myself.

This is for a brand new setup, a 180 gallon and I already have the dry rock I need and a couple pieces of live from the old tank to seed with. The sand is all I need to get it started up but I'm obviously having a problem getting it so once I get the money back from the previous order, I'll be going elsewhere to get it. Thanks for the site.

I'd be careful of MarcoRocks, a lot of people have complained here about the sand being too fine and creating sand storms easily.

Back