bwaller76's 55 gallon

bwaller76

Love my tanks!
ok guys...last time I am making a change, I promise lol :D

so I got a glass 55 gallon and sold the 150 as it was shaping up to cost more than I had. I have actually been able to get this 55 up and running with one piece of live rock and a bunch of dead rock. Here are some pics to set up the build

getting it placed in the house

1.jpg

got water and dolomite sand in it...looks cloudy but it cleared up quick.

2.jpg

got my dead rock and my one piece of live rock in place....also got a huge clamshell

4.jpg

3.jpg

got two koralia 2's for 22 bucks each new

6.jpg

and a cpr backpack for 75 bucks very gently used

IMG00518-20100508-1020.jpg

so ive had it going for about two weeks and the inevitable diatom bloom...but I got me a few turbo snails and one astrea snail and its cleaning up quick

5.jpg

once again I promise this is the last switch imma do for a while lol

Hahaha! You probably have more build threads than anyone else here! ;)

I love the new tank! What are you going to do with it?

they are 4x54 nova extreme ho t5's... bought them from Alexander. Didnt realize that he pillaged the fans out of them so I am going to have to get some clip on fans and place them on the lights...its working well so far.

I am going to do a reef with a couple of fish. I did go to my local petco to look around and I saw a small two head polyp sitting in the rocks. The guy there really likes me because we are both hardcore pearl jam fans. I asked him what he was gong to do with it and he said ill give it to you...he then proceded to go around to the tanks and give me two zoanthid frags, two star polyp frags and two mushroom frags all for free!!!

I have them in my 20 gallon and they are all doing wonderful!

Plus I have made it farther in three weeks on this one than I did in six months with the others!!! Basically I am up and running just have to add some more live rock...then hurry up and wait lol

ok so its been a while since I have been around to post...kids and all taking time plus dumb house repairs. So in this amount of time (5 weeks I think) I have gotten the tank up and cycled, my parameters have stabilized and I have constructed most of the scape. I also have a couple of corals that the guy at petco gave me for free! For some reason he likes me because we are both pearl jam fans...go figure.

Front view of the tank
IMG00701-20100612-1803.jpg

Left side
IMG00702-20100612-1803.jpg

Right side
IMG00703-20100612-1803.jpg

These two green star polyps were brown and just about dead when I got them and now they are doing very well
IMG00710-20100612-1819.jpg

IMG00699-20100612-1750.jpg

IMG00704-20100612-1804.jpg

IMG00709-20100612-1818.jpg

Not too bad I still have a few pieces of rock that Im going to get to fill in the right hand side but all in all I am happy with everything so far

Back