Cadlights 50g Artisan c/w Starfire glass

Sorry! The pipe should go beneath the surface of the water, otherwise you will hear noisy splashing. LEDs save a lot of energy. They are becoming more popular and more affordable. They also don't put off as much heat.

Thank you Biff, knew I could count on you!! Will check into different LEDs, hard to find in my area. AI and Vertex I can get within a 100 miles of stores that carry them. More pics soon plumbing is done!

Sorry! The pipe should go beneath the surface of the water, otherwise you will hear noisy splashing. LEDs save a lot of energy. They are becoming more popular and more affordable. They also don't put off as much heat.

Decided on Vertex lighting, had to select something that is CSA approved
Actually very interesting lights if you have never seem them, check them out here.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQTUExnQxLY]YouTube - Vertex Illumina 200 LED Aquarium Light Fixture[/ame]

Ordered today and pick up in about 2 weeks. Just want to thank everyone for their help so far. More pics soon.

what if i bought them and brought em back? or had someone, lets say drvillen.... ship em to me? now we're talk eh? :D

I hope I don't sound too pretentious by saying this but if you ever come to NYC I could set up a list of stores/friend's houses you can visit that will cover almost all the brands/models of LEDs out there. It's so hard to choose lighting from a site or catalog.

Art

Thank you Biff, knew I could count on you!! Will check into different LEDs, hard to find in my area. AI and Vertex I can get within a 100 miles of stores that carry them. More pics soon plumbing is done!

I hope I don't sound too pretentious by saying this but if you ever come to NYC I could set up a list of stores/friend's houses you can visit that will cover almost all the brands/models of LEDs out there. It's so hard to choose lighting from a site or catalog.

Art

Thank you! These particular LED lights have a patent on them from NASA, as I understand it. That is why they can not be sold in the US. Doesn't mean you can't buy them from a Canadian distributor and have them shipped. The store I bought them from does ship to the US. Can't wait to get them up and running. Two weeks!!

Well they look amazing! LEDs have come so far in just a few years. I can't wait to see what's available when I set up my next big tank.

Yes, definitely some amazing things on that unit, but I'd think twice about subjecting my tank raised fish to that last epileptic mode lol.

Well they look amazing! LEDs have come so far in just a few years. I can't wait to see what's available when I set up my next big tank.

They have one up from the 200 series that uses 3 watt led lights. The store owner said the corals were getting burned from the intense light. They had to turn them down to not kill them. That is strong lighting in my opinion.

So here are the next set of pics. Plumbing is done, R/O water is ready to go in. Chose black substrate for the tank this time. Lights are not here yet, but the arm is up and waiting for me to make a finishing bracket at work out of stainless. Any comments or suggestions on my set up are more than welcome...
James

It is on the back wall opposite the television, I find with the biocube I spend more time looking at the tank than watching the movies, LOL..

Attachments

• DSCN0161.jpg
    DSCN0161.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 409
  • DSCN0166.jpg
    DSCN0166.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 738
  • DSCN0165.jpg
    DSCN0165.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 419
  • DSCN0164.jpg
    DSCN0164.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 401
  • DSCN0163.jpg
    DSCN0163.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 396
  • DSCN0162.jpg
    DSCN0162.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 416
It was finally ready, here is the start up....

Attachments

• DSCN0169.jpg
    DSCN0169.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 424
  • DSCN0174.jpg
    DSCN0174.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 393
  • DSCN0176.jpg
    DSCN0176.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 422
  • DSCN0179.jpg
    DSCN0179.jpg