Cadlights 50g Artisan c/w Starfire glass

Just changed the return pump, 700 GPH did not seem to be enough flow. Upped it to 900 GPH pump I was using to pump water up from the basement for water changes. No ammonia readings yet. Lights will be arriving in a week. Can't wait to put some pics/vids of them working. My refugium has a layer of bubbly scum, is that normal during cycling early stages??

Yeah, especially if you don't have anything keeping the water moving enough, or pulling it out. You can lay a paper towel on the surface, and pull it up. It should remove the scum.

Ok I will take care of that, how do I correct the water not moving enough? That is assuming I want to correct it, if possible.

Yahoo!!! Vertex lighting is here!!:bounce::bounce:
Wifey won't let me hang it from the ceiling with wires:(
Will have to go to LFS and get a bracket for above the tank:frustrat:
Too heavy to hang from the single arm bracket that is currently in place:pooh:
More pics coming soon!!
CUC is in the tank, and lights are in for the fuge!!:^:

Great looking setup! Clean and simple. I am running basically the exact same sump setups, large skimmer, into fuge into return on my 20g and my water quality has been great so far with regular water changes. I think your off to a great start to a quality tank.

First shot is the LED strip lights I picked up for the cheato in the fuge, just grabbed a small bit from the back of the Biocube. Sorry Bifferwine, couldn't wait LOL!:bowdown:

Second shot is the fuge set up as it is now with the light on.:Cheers:

Third is the skimmer, seems to be working fairly well.:D

Got a question about the fuge, can I cover some of it up as I am losing about a gallon of water every day and half or so. Seems like a lot of evaporation, kinda saves on having to do water changes no?

Attachments

• DSCN0192.jpg
    DSCN0192.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 697
  • DSCN0193.jpg
    DSCN0193.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 766
  • DSCN0194.jpg
    DSCN0194.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 662
Thanks for all the nice comments, next set of shots is the lights being raised, I won and the wire rope from the ceiling was used.....I love my wife!

I am in construction so setting the light on centre of the tank both ways was kinda important to me for aesthetics. If you know what I mean. The wire rope is only 1/16 of an inch thick so you barely notice it.

Attachments

• DSCN0190.jpg
    DSCN0190.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 440
Okay the big presentation :^::bounce::bowdown::helm2::D
Got everyone involved! First shot the flash went off, kinda made it look crappy.
Second shot I turned the flash off and got a better shot IMO.
The lights are set using the controller on them, it is set to slowly come on in the morning over the course of an hour, same thing in reverse at sunset. I also have it set to follow the lunar cycle so they are off on new moon and bright on full moon.

Attachments

• DSCN0195.jpg
    DSCN0195.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 571
  • DSCN0196.jpg
    DSCN0196.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 887
Oh forgot, the slate in the front is an Inukshuk, by order of the boss. So I had to rearrange all the rock....sorry OceanCo, had to change it up a bit. :D

Woohoo! Congratulations! Tell me how those lights go, im planning to get some for my new system ;)

the lights actually look awesome, have you had a lookat the settings to make lightning and clouds and so forth? I think are some?

Last edited:
So far they are really cool, I am waiting to get the USB stick for them so I can program them properly from my computer. These are so kick ass!

Woohoo! Congratulations! Tell me how those lights go, im planning to get some for my new system ;)

the lights actually look awesome, have you had a lookat the settings to make lightning and clouds and so forth? I think are some?

I need the USB wireless link to set that up, the side programmer only does lunar cycles and sunrise and set. they forgot to ship it with my lights, I will have it next week and will let you know how it goes. :D

Back