calcium test??

imdaring

love my reef
OK I have always had high cal levels and now that I found the right salt they have dropped :bounce: OK my question is I tested today and it was about 400-420 ppm should I add cal to the tank??

if you are happy they dropped why do you ask if you should add cal? i guess i do not understand that. the levels you have are fine

well I was way off the scale for a long time like in the 600ppm I was just wondering if that was a good level or if it has dropped to the point that I should add cal to the tank? how low should it be b/4 a person need to add cal.

how low should it be b/4 a person need to add cal.
When your calcium level drops below around 380, but unless you have lots of calcium demanding corals, regular water changes should keep you in the range of natural seawater at between 380-420. Running calcium higher does nothing positive....as in corals don't grow faster or have more color with unnaturally high calcium levels.

well I tested my RO water and it tested at 40-60ppm... and then I was using salt that had high cal in it so I switched to a lower cal salt and that did the trick

Back