Came home to a murder!

Natecespinosa

Reefing newb
So I came home with new roommates for my tank. a replacement coral beauty that died this morning and a new diamond goby. When I got here i couldn't find my bengaii cardinal. Then i found him in my emerald crabs hands. Has anyone ever dealt with this? I just got him and a pajama one on sunday. And hes already eaten. I believe everyone eats enough. Is this common?

Weird. Ive seen him try and grab the dottyback when i had him in there but i thought it was because he messed with him. But sorry im a real reefnoob Parameters? what do you mean?

I'm not saying it's not a possiblilty that he killed the fish, just saying that it's not normally like that. Parameters as in ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, salinity.

Oh, I checked on sunday when i bought the cardinals and it was all perfect, 0, 0, 0, .025, 8.1, 80 degrees. I just a diamond goby. Should i pull the crab out?

If I recall from another post, you added the Coral Beauty, the cardinals and the watchman all at once?

That's too many at one time. It's also too many for a 29 gallon tank. You're limited to 3 small fish while your tank is still young.

How long have you been set up? What has your stocking been like up until this point?

If I recall from another post, you added the Coral Beauty, the cardinals and the watchman all at once?

That's too many at one time. It's also too many for a 29 gallon tank. You're limited to 3 small fish while your tank is still young.

How long have you been set up? What has your stocking been like up until this point?

All but the watchman. I just a goby today when replacing the coral beauty. Yeah I was somewhat wondering about that. Well there was only those four; the clown, the cardinals, and the coral beauty. Before I added those last three it was just the clown. And I made sure both cardinals were tiny. Close to under an inch each, and same with that coral beauty. It was tiny. Maybe 1 1/4 inches, if that. The clown is about two inches though.

But I've had it set up for about 2 months at my house. But I got it already running with sand and water. Just needed to add the rock and whatever i wanted in it. Before I got it, it was running for a little over 4 years. It came from my uncle who works at a fish store and got tired of taking care of two so he just moved everything into his 80 gal.

Oh and i just got a replacement coral beauty and the diamond goby. But i haven't put them in yet. They are still floating in my tank. Should I let them in one at a time? Or what do you think?

Just been letting them sit in the bag they come in, in the tank for about 45 min to an hour. As of right now the new ones have been sitting in the bag in the tank for about 45 minutes right now. But after the first 45 minutes I open their bag and add some of the tank water and wait another 15 minutes then add them.

You could be stressing the fish, you should try drip acclimating them. You may want to invest in a QT (quarantine tank) where you can keep a close eye on your purchase and its health before adding it to the display tank (DT)

You could be stressing the fish, you should try drip acclimating them. You may want to invest in a QT (quarantine tank) where you can keep a close eye on your purchase and its health before adding it to the display tank (DT)

So as of right now. What do you think i should do. They are both just sitting in the tank in the bag. How should I acclimating them with what i have?

I siphon tank water with airline tubing which I tie a not in and clip to the side of the pitcher, jug or bucket. The tighter the not the slower the drip.

So I put the goby, in. I just slowly poured him in after adding tank water to his container over about an hour or so. And even though hes bigger than my clown, the clown bit him! I know they're aggressive but jeeze! Then the clown started waving his tail in the sand and shaking it like a mad man. Since he's left it alone. But what should I expect? I still need to put the coral beauty in and im scared now. Any suggestions?

So i put the coral beauty in. And it seems to be doing great! Moving around a lot. Very curious. Looking everywhere. The only thing is, its really big. A lot bigger than it looked outside the tank. So hopefully the clown and him get along.

Back