Camera ?

have a cybershot myself

the DHC-H7 Not great for macro,,, but real friendly on the wallet

the best Macro cam would be a Cannon rebel 800$ + 300$ for a good Macro lens

The best thing would be an SLR with a macro lens, but thats is you want to spend some money.

You didnt say, but im guessing you would like to take pics of your tank and are having problems with the focus on your current camera. Anything that you can manually set the settings would work really well.

The samsung nv15 would be a good choice as it isnt to expensive and you can focus it yourself. (I use the prior model, the NV7) Its also 10.1 megapixal.

Something else to look at would be the Sony DSCT70. What makes this one cool is it has a HUGE lcd on the back which is actually touch screen. The cool thing about that is when your using it in macro mode you can actually touch the screen to select what you want your area of focus to be. (the little green box you see on your camera.)

If you have any questions feel free. =)

So i was thinking about this some more and giving something like these might be worth a try.

Olympus Sp-560
Cannon S5IS

They have a larger image sensor which would give a better overall picture. I would just recommend going in to a local store that would have a decent amount of cameras on display (circuit city, best buy) and see which works best for you. Use the macro mode on the text on the price tag or something. Also i wouldn't go off of what the salesperson says to much, most of them know only the basics and will act like they know more and try to sway you into buying something. :grumble: If they know what they are doing that is. I know I do, hehe.

Sorry for the long drawn out responses, but when your going to spend the money theres certain things you need to know. ;)

I bought a Canon PowerShot SD850, which the salesperson told me had the highest quality macro capacities. Problem is, my tank is too deep for me to get any sort of good pictures with it. But it does take great macro shots close up. Of anything but my tank, it seems.

is the more megapiixels the better?and is my camera good it is 8.0 megapixel. i would like to have a camera that takes like hd pictures

Last edited:
Well if you go into a store they will say 'more megapixels will give you a better picture.' An eight mp camera is more then adequate for general shooting and such.

Basically the higher the MP the higher resolution and as you crop the picture down you will still be able to print out a incredibly clear pic. You can find a interesting article about MP here.

If your looking for a camera that will give you a better overall picture look at some of the SLRs that are on the market.

i picked up a nice nikon d70 dslr on ebay for 500, has treated me well since i bought it and with a macro lens takes awesome pics

Back