can a clown host a shroom?

lilduud

Reefing newb
i know that sounds stupid especially because the mushroom is just a little bit bigger than him but my clown fish seems to have bonded with my green striped shroom... he cleans it off, and fends the other fish away from it....? i know theyve been known to buddy up with xenia and frogspawn but a tiny mushroom?

Simple answer is yes,a clown will host anything ,i have heard of them hosting powerheads,mine really just host an area behind a rock mountain

dam especially because i bought that bubble tip for him :(
will the clown explode if i cut the mushroom up for frags haha

lol i had one host some zoos! believe it or not,well if you want him to host the bubble tip might be a good idea to remove the mushies for a while,he might like the BT better

yea thats what i figured i might have to do... well i dont have another tank right now... [you should help me plan my next one on my 55 thread ;)]
but i was wanting to frag my shroom anyway so if i just cut it up and put it in a cup of rubble with mesh over it.. will that do the same thing? basically separate them but keep them in the same tank. or would i have to get him outa there completely

Clowns aint the smartest fish in the sea,that for sure.
I had a Seba clown that hosted everything I tryed to add to the tank.

Proof is in the picture.

100_1358.JPG

Back