can anemones fight?

lilduud

Reefing newb
well my haitian anemone would has been like a dream... he has stayed in the same place the entire time hes been in there... and all the sudden he moved... he is riiiggghhht next to my bubble tip and i am concerned that they will hurt or kill each other... any comments? should i move him?

guhhh balls... haha alright.. i had moved him back to that spot a few times and he stayed so maybe it wil work again.
i know that two for this tank is waaayyy too much but one was completely rescued haha now i just need to get my 55 up and running so they can have their own tanks!

If the anemones were the same kind,you'd probably be alright.But with different species,you'll end up with either one or both being dead.

yea i successfully [so far/knock on wood] have moved the haitian back to the place he was before... im just praying he will stay there!

i know i know i know... i already give myself enough shit for that... well i bought the haitian back when the tank was tooooo new and back then i didnt realize that clowns only hosted certain anems heh silly me... anyway the bta was a gift believe it or not and its really hard to tell people they cant put an animal in your tank.. and since i know im upgrading in the next month i figured i could deal with two at once until then...plus i reallllllyyy wanted my clown to host it so i took the risk... which was stupid... of having both.
i do realize that it is very hazardous and difficult.. and that i am very lucky they havent killed eachother and brought down the rest of the tank.
i have a feeling i may ask my lfs is they can babysit the haitian somehow until my 55 is ready for inverts like that.

I bought it from a petco and they won't do any return credit... And I don't think my other lfs will take them vie never seen one there I will deinately try tho

Back