Can anyone ID this Sponge? I think it poisoned my tank

Discussion in 'Invertebrates' started by BSeahorse, May 13, 2019.

  1. BSeahorse

    BSeahorse

    Joined:
    May 13, 2019
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    377915A3-90A9-4751-B8D3-4EAE72B2C623.jpeg 4027D55E-9DE4-4F8A-B79B-7B9776455106.jpeg 822369AE-7209-4759-A7EA-AD20BB957514.jpeg 1E266469-0004-49AC-BFA6-68F2E358159C.jpeg So I have a well established invertebrate tank I’ve had it for a few years. I have a few Nudibranchs and often pick up different sponges here and there at my lfs. The other day I picked up a cool looking sponge I hadn’t seen before and my chocolate chip starfish became obsessed with it. I woke up the next morning and my starfish had part of the sponge in his mouth. I kept them separate and a few hours later a damsel that I’ve had for the past 4 years had died. I looked over at the starfish and he looked like he was dying also. Can anyone ID this sponge? I think the starfish is dead also at this point. I’ve done a 35% water change just in case the sponge released toxins. Any advice?
     
    BSeahorse, May 13, 2019
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. BSeahorse

    motorcyclereefer I am Graffiti Petey

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2008
    Messages:
    8,094
    Likes Received:
    624
    Location:
    chattanooga tn usa
    I have no idea.... I first thought you don't have a sponge thats a nudi but then read the post... Have you run some carbon to help in getting the toxins out?
     
    motorcyclereefer, May 19, 2019
    #2
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.