Can anyone ID this?

sigs19

Reefing newb
Bought this bubble coral from a LFS and just noticed this growth/eggs? I'm somewhat concerned that it's an unwanted pest laying in wait. Can anyone ID it? It's only been in my tank 2 days at this point. I did not dip the coral (just learned about this practice yesterday :D). Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• photopen.jpg
    photopen.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 305
Man, starting to not feel good about this. I've got this posted on one other site and with over 80 views between here and there, no one knows what it is.
Should I pull the frag and commence scraping??? :question:

Leave it and keep an eye on it. Hard to tell with the small pic.

If you see Cthulu spawning from it, kill it with fire!

LOL, thanks, I will ready the flame thrower.
It really is odd looking. Here is a closer pic. Maybe it will help.
I may pull the piece and dip it to be safe although I guess if it is eggs, that won't help anyway.

Attachments

• photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 263
OK, here's a better pic. You might be right about the super glue. Not sure. Looking closer you can see that there is a split between the stem rock and the base rock. Let me know what you guys think.
If I can remove the base rock, how do I get the mushroom off of it? (My thumb is hiding a half dollar size mushroom). Do I cut it off with a razor blade? (Sorry, have not done any fragging yet. In my infancy of reefkeeping.) :)
Thanks guys!

Attachments

• DSC03371.jpg
    DSC03371.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 270
I agree with the glue with coralline....the spots look just like the coralline growing up the rock...I would just leave it....

Without seeing it right in front on me it looks just like when coralline starts to grow over the supper glue I use to mount my frags. Just keep an eye on it no need to cut it off.
BTW Nice bubble coral

Back