Can anyone identify?

olinb84

Reefing newb
So this is my first tank ever. All that is in it is live rock and live sand. I just put it together 2 days ago. When really looking at the live rock I found this thing in one of the crevices of the live rock. I have not tried to remove it, I used a turkey baster to blow some water movement and touched it and did nothing. Is this just a formation of some sort?

A couple questions also outside of identification:
After set up how long does it take until I start to see a spike in ammonia? I have not added anything such as shrimp (is that recommended or will it be fine how it is), just live rock and sand. I have noticed some small growth like algae, just little guys waving in the water on the surface of the rock.

Thanks guys and gals!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 289
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 322
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 294
Erin do I put it in some netting or just toss it in? And how long should I leave it in? Just until ammonia spikes? Thanks for your help!

One more thing....just looking at my live rock right now....I notice little white tentacles coming out of hole in the rock...should I be concerned? They come out different sides of the rock, I just watched one like trying to grab a little pebble and drag it towards its opening. Its almost translucent a little thicker then a hair maybe. I looked it up and people said spaghetti worm. Just want your thoughts as well.

Thanks!

Nah not that. I don't find it in the list either. Wish I was able to get pix but they are so fine and won't show up on camera. I have seen 3 so far, all coming out 3 different sides of the live rock super fine and white or almost translucent...they are coming out of little holes in the actual rock and the tentacles are feeling around, I witnessed one grabbing some rock debris or sand and trying to cover its hole. I have looked all over and do not see anything :s hope it's nothing dangerous....but maybe it will die off during cycle

Back