Can Corals grow together ?

yes like if you take peices of different colored monti caps and put them together you can get a plate monti that is multi colored but it does not always work with all corals

yes like if you take peices of different colored monti caps and put them together you can get a plate monti that is multi colored but it does not always work with all corals

Great example of what he is describing here.

IMG_0414SM.jpg

IMG_1394SM.jpg

i'm obsessed with that tank.... insane. did you read the part about what his alkalinity did when his kalk reactor went down for 3 hours?

Here's the article...in case no one can figure out what your talking about.
http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2009-01/totm/

I think that cap looks horrible...lol.

But to answer Sens original question, 2 montipora capricornus, for example, can grow next to each other and together. But, put a montipora hirusuta (elkhorn monti) next to a monti cap and they will fight. Color does not make the coral a different coral, so you can put a green millie next to a red millie and they will grow together, but different species usually do not like each other.

hmmm. I think that if it had the time to grow out enough, and you saw it in person, you would love it. Perhaps not, but I would!

It's neat, but I wouldn't have it in my display if I had something as amazing as he does. It's just so unnatural that it's an eyesore.
I agree 100%

To me, it's about as natural as ppl who have plastic fw plants in their tanks, or castles or sunken ships. ;)

Last edited:
Back